Gently wake up your muscles before your ski holiday…
Horaires et Tarifs à insérer ici
- When should I start my physical preparation ?
- Why is it a good idea to prepare phisically before a ski holiday ?
- Which exercises should I do to be a fit as possible for skiing ?
To ski and snowboard, you will need to be in good physical condition because these sports solicit the use of many different muscles. It is particularly important to strengthen your core muscles, to reinforce your quadriceps, your thigh muscles and your abdominals as well as to work on balancing exercises.
EXERCISE N°1 : THE CHAIR
This very simple exercise will help strengthen your thigh and bottom muscles and will give quite fast results.
- Press your back against a wall, with arms hanging by your side.
- Slide your back down the wall until you are in a sitting position, with your thighs perpendicular to the wall.
- Stay in this positon for 20 seconds the first day and then increase by 10 or 15 seconds every 3 exercise sessions.
EXERCISE N°2 : SPLIT SQUATS
This exercise will strengthen your knee muscles.
in a staggered stance, with one foot well in front of the other.
- Flex your knee to a right angle while keeping your upper body vertical and return to a standing position.
your legs and repeat about 15 times. Add 5 or 10 movements every 3 exercise
EXERCISE N°3 : LYING HIP RAISE
This exercise is perfect for ski training because it strengthens the gluteus muscles, situated at the back of the thigh, muscles which help protect the knee ligaments.
- Lie flat on
your back on the floor with your legs bent and your feet flat on the floor.
- Keeping your head and shoulders on the floor, push up your hips so that your trunk and thighs make a straight line.
- Lower yourself slowly and repeat a dozen times. Progressively increase the number each session.
EXERCICE N°4 : ABDOMINALS
This classic exercise will help improve your balance on skis or snowboard.
with your back on the floor, hands by your ears and legs bent with feet flat on
- Contract your abdominal muscles and lift your shoulders slightly off the floor without contracting the muscles in your back. Lower yourself slowly and repeat.
- Progressively increase the number each session.
EXERCICE N°5 : PRESS UPS
Another classic exercise, press ups will help strengthen your arm muscles. Your arms help to optimise your balance while skiing.
careful to start with your hands in line with your shoulders.
- Make several movements, being careful to keep your legs, back and neck in line.
- These can also be done from the knee. Progressively increase the number each session.
EXERCICE N°6 : THE PLANK
The plank exercise will help to work your core muscles.
a press up position, lower yourself from your hands onto your forearms.
- Take care to keep legs, hips, back and neck in line.
- Hold this position for 20 seconds, increasing the time each week.
THE SIDE PLANK :
by lying on your side with your feet together and your weight on your forearm
directly below your shoulder.
your hips until your body is in a straight line from head to foot, then repeat
on the other side.
the position for 20 seconds, increasing the time each week.
exercises should be introduced progressively, with short sessions to start with
that gradually increase over time.
example, start by doing 3 or 4 exercises which you can alternate each week.
- Of course you can you add some sessions of cardio, running or cycling...!